It seems that everyone has scheduled their fall events for this weekend. Somehow the cosmic forces for community planning have aligned, and the entire populace will be heading to various festivals and activities. Here’s a partial list…
- Fall for Greenville – a three day street festival featuring booths from various restaurants.
- Stonefest – a music festival at the intersection of Main and Stone.
- Family Weekend at Furman – including the Fuman/Citadel football game.
- McCarter Bazaare – the annual yard sale/hot dog dinner at my old church.
- The Pumpkin Festival – held in downtown Pumpkintown.
- The SC State Fair – in Columbia
…and I’m sure there are more in other communities that I just don’t know about. It looks like the weather is going to be perfect – sunny and much cooler than it has been.
In addition to all of this, Laura’s sister Amy is rolling in today, as is my brother Steve and his family. Amy’s birthday is Saturday and Laura’s is Sunday, so in addition to football, family, and festivals, we’ve got birthday celebrations. It should be fun.