The site continues to evolve. I think I’ve settled on a theme that looks good and still accommodates everything I want on the site. I’m using FastTrack by Sadish Balasubramanian, so the website is going to look like thousands of others that use this theme. I like it because it’s easily customized, and it doesn’t seem to fall apart in IE like some of the other themes I’ve tried. Regardless, The appearance of the site may change radically over the next few weeks.
I’ve finally gotten the old Access database converted to mySQL (mostly), so at least all of my old posts are available in this format. I have also posted links to my old website, and I’ll leave that available as long as is necessary. Not surprisingly, much of the old database contains HTML code that doesn’t validate for XHTML or CSS. However, the biggest problem so far has been the links. I’ve got nearly 154 links categorize in the old format. While I’ve been able to port these over to mySQL, for some reason I can’t get them to display properly in a post. I either get nothing, or just the links to the old site. I’ll keep tweaking it